The increasing volume of regulations in the market, including the EU Project Task Force on European Sustainability Reporting Standards (PTF-ESRS), the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) the 77 Sector Standards of the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), and the newly established International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB), demonstrate the growing recognition of the value of sustainable investment and highlight the importance of incorporating ESG in your reporting and investment decisions.
This 1-day introductory course helps you to find orientation in the ESG world of standards, guidelines, rankings, ratings and indices. You will get familiar with the leading organisations, their methodology and approaches. It will help you to link different standards in your reporting process and how to apply the concept of double materiality. You will learn to critically analyse the value and limitations of ESG rankings, ratings and indices.
Acting responsibly is an internationally recognized sustainability expert. Since 2011 we have been certifying more than 1’000 managers on sustainability reporting, stakeholder engagement, ESG data management and verification. Acting responsibly is a Certified Training Partner of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) for Europe, Training and Assurance Partner of AccountAbility and collaborates with the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) on ESG data reporting.
9.30 am – 4.30 pm (1 1/4 hour lunch break)
- Welcome: Agenda, participants, expectations
- Introduction: Sustainability and ESG
- Key organizations in the ESG world (PRI, GRI, SASB, IIRC, VRF, TCFD, CDP)
- Expert speaker of GRI: Partnerships and future development of the GRI Standards
- Sustainability in the financial market
- International / regional regulations on ESG
- Useful frameworks and instruments
- Limitations of ESG analysis
- Future of reporting
- Group discussion on frameworks and instruments
- Feedback and course evaluation
End of session