GRI Standards Training Course
The Global Reporting Initiative GRI is the most widely used framework for sustainability reporting.
It helps companies to implement corporate social responsibility into their daily business and to report transparently on the social, economic, and environmental performance of their organization.
- Solid understanding of the reporting process according to the most widely used sustainability framework
- Ability to manage and prepare a sustainability report for a small or medium-sized event
- Link to other widely used sustainability standards and frameworks such as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the European Sustainability Reporting Standards (ESRS), the Standards of the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) and the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), the Principles of the Global Compact, the OECD Due Diligence Guidance, and others.
- Official certificate signed by GRI upon successful completion of the GRI Standards workshop
- Original Reference Sheet created by acting responsibly as a useful tool to guide sustainability reporters
- One hour of free online or face-to-face consultancy
The workshop does not require specific qualifications. It addresses:
- Project managers or consultants applying the GRI Standards
- Members of the social responsibility team
- Persons responsible for the implementation CSR specific programs
- Experts and advisors in the field of social responsibility, sustainability, ESG, or CSR
- Auditors of sustainability-related data
Participants should have:
- Basic understanding of sustainability reporting
- Keen interest in sustainability-related topics
- Online access or a printed copy of latest GRI Standards and relevant Sector Standards.
Part 1: Introduction
- Practical information
- Learning objectives
Part 2: Overview of the GRI Standards
- Useful terminology
- Sustainability reporting
- Introduction to the GRI Standards
- Structure of the GRI Standards
- How to use the GRI Standards
- Link to other Standards such as SDGs, ISSB, SASB, ESRS, etc.
Part 3: The GRI Standards
- GRI 1: Foundation 2021
- GRI 2: General Disclosures 2021
- GRI 3: Material Topics 2021
- GRI Sector Standards
- GRI Topic Standards
Part 4: Start your reporting process using the GRI Standards
- How to apply the in-accordance requirements
- How to apply the reporting principles
- How to determine material topics
- How to report general disclosures
- How to report material topics
- How to present reported information
- End of course exercise
Part 5: Conclusion
- What’s next?
End of workshop